Hotel Olympic & SPA
• We use of energy save lamps & lights
• We have battery recycle waste baskets
• We collect used oil and send it to biodiesel production company
• Regular maintenance of installed cooling and heating systems by a specialist workshop before the start of the winter or summer season.
• Ensure that the windows remain closed while the air conditioning (or heating) is operating.
• We use moving, day and night photocells.
WE USE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY TECHNOLOGY
• We use solar and biomass for hot water
• We use the magnetic keys as in-room power enablers, so as to stop the operation of all electrical facilities by exiting the room
• We use solid and biomass fuels for heating and are certified (ELOT EN 14588 and ELOT EN 14961).
• We use detergents and cleaners that are friendly to the environment and to humans
• Use of thermal insulation windows WE ACTIVELY RECYCLE
• We return all packaging, plastic, paper, bottles and other materials for recycling.
• We collect all bottles from your room for recycling.
• Pool water is recycled WE ADOPT OUR OPERATION TO REGIONAL CONDITIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
• We’re sourcing products from the region, thus strengthening the local businesses.
We train our staff on our environmental commitments to understand the importance of contributing to our goals
ACCEPT YOUR ECOLOGICAL PRACTICE AT YOUR ACCOMMODATION AS YOUR DAILY
• Remove the room key from the base when you exit the room to turn off all electronic devices and lights.
• Protect the air conditioning system by closing the doors and windows in your room
• Do not leave the TV, stereo or other electrical devices in standby mode. You will save a lot of energy.
• Use rechargeable batteries
• Do not let the tap open continuously during washing, shaving or when brushing your teeth.
• Use reusable containers to store food in your refrigerator instead of covering it with aluminum foil.
• Remember to turn off the lights if you do not need them.
• Ask to change your bed sheets and towels only when needed
• Save water when showering in your room and do not let it run when it is not necessary
• Discard garbage in special containers by dividing them in “paper”, “glass”, “aluminum”